- Stewards makes reservations for over 8,000 school children who use Russian River area State Parks as an outdoor classroom. Of those about half receive docent-led experiences provide through Stewards' programs: redwood ecology, climate science, intertidal exploration, and watershed education.
- Our Steward Ship (mobile marine van) and new tidepool touch table make it possible for us to take marine education to schools, events and to coastal locations.
- State Park volunteers supported by Stewards come in contact with over 112,000 park visitors a year in our visitor centers and in our parks.
- Volunteer stewardship crews work a minimum of three days a month in our parks to clear and maintain trails, reduce fuel loads, process firewood, rebuild bridges, take down hazardous trees and install interpretive features in our parks.
- Stewards and State Parks co-manage Armstrong Redwoods SNR and Austin Creek SRA utilizing each entities assets to the fullest.
Stewards is hosting an online Spring auction to support Stewards' efforts to safeguard your parks and provide the public with high quality
recreation, stewardship and education opportunities as soon as we can all get back to our parks.
We are eager to welcome everyone back into State Parks and we need your help to continue our important work protecting and restoring your state parks! This auction is a perfect way to participate in our fundraising efforts.
Stewards continues to work hard to reduce fuel load in the wilderness areas in our Russian River area State Parks to alleviate the devastation that can be caused by fires.
For just $10 more Stewards is pleased to offer personal delivery of auction item or items right to your door. This offer is good only in Sonoma County. We must have a street address not a PO Box. Stay safe, support your parks!